We are proud to support faculty and will assist you in sourcing the digital course materials and print materials to support your students. We are anticipating being able to fulfill orders in both formats, so that we can best support Western’s hybrid teaching model.
Please submit your course adoption request as early as possible.
Ordering course materials 90 days prior to term start allows sufficient time for delivery.
Closer to the start of term, please visit the Book Store at Western's web site to ensure that the texts listed are accurate.
- Order times
- • Ordering materials at least 90 days prior to the start of term allows time for sufficient delivery.
- • We will continue to accept course adoptions after this time, but please note that there may be delays in obtaining materials.
- • Please check with our staff should you have any questions, especially about books coming from international publishers (i.e., foreign language books).
- Order quantities
- • The Book Store orders quantities based on enrollment, past sales, and the options available for each course (i.e., fewer print copies will be brought in if a digital version is also available).
- • We know that 100% of students rarely purchase textbooks for a variety of reasons, as some share resources or never order the required books.
- • Publishers and vendors may have steep return policies for their books, which may also affect the quantity we bring in since we cannot return unsold stock.
- • Please contact our staff for further details.
- Alternative format options
- • Many publishers offer a variety of formats for their books – print (hardcopy, paperback, loose leaf) and digital (standalone books and enhanced digital content).
- • Where possible, we recommend keeping orders consistent – for example, if selecting the enhanced digital book, ordering the print book that includes the enhanced digital features as an access card.
- • Having too many options can confuse students, causing some to purchase multiple options. Please contact our staff with any questions, or to be connected with a Publisher’s Rep to find the most cost-effective option.
- Integration of Course Materials
- • Please contact our staff, should you need further details on formats or features available for textbooks; we’re happy to put you in touch with our Publisher Reps.
- • We advise working with Publisher Reps to see how you can best utilize course materials into your class. This will allow students to get the best value for the items required to be purchased.
- • firstname.lastname@example.org