- Please use the Custom Course Book Order Form to place all orders
- Please submit PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred) or dropbox
- Drop off your books or hard copies to the CCB Office, located in the Book Store, UCC Room 7. Please note, additional time will be needed to process your order, and there may be additional costs.
- Please include table of contents if applicable.
- If your Custom Course Book is a reprint, please specify any changes
- No less than 10 processing days are needed for submissions.
- Full bibliographic information and materials is required at the time the order is placed. If staff need to retrieve this material, edit or revise the material submitted or create a PDF, please remember this will take longer to process.
- If your Custom Course Book includes material that needs to be cleared through Copyright, please note that permissions may take as long as 6 – 8 weeks, or may not be possible to obtain.
- Orders will be processed on a first come first served basis.
- Spring/Summer term deadline is April 10th of each year.
- Fall term deadline is July 1 of each year.
- Orders will always be accepted, and we will do our best to have your product ready for the students.
Full bibliographic information is needed for custom course books.
Please note: It is useful to provide the copyright pages at the front of a book and the Table of Contents page for book chapters for all submissions.
Required information for each reading supplied:
- Editor Name
- Author Name
- Title of the book or journal
- Page count of the entire book
- Title of the Article or Book Chapter
- Number of pages of the article you wish to use. This includes endnotes.
- Publisher Name
- Year or date of publication (if it is a journal article please include issue number and volume number)
- Priority (desired order article/chapter is to appear in the course package)
Additional information needed for the order:
- Instructor name
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Course Book Title
- Number of Desk Copies (information on desk copies)
- The number of desk copies must be requested at the time the order is placed. The number of desk copies for each course will be at the discretion of the Custom Course Book office.
- Once a custom course book is completed, a proof will be provided prior to printing to verify for accuracy. It is the responsibility of the instructor to review for accuracy and approve the proof. Additional costs of revising the custom course book after the proof has been approved may be the responsibility of the instructor or department.
- The approved proof will be provided as a Desk Copy.
- In some instances, the instructor or department may be responsible for the cost of additional desk copies.
Western University and Custom Course Book office comply with the Canadian Copyright Act which protects both creators/owners and users of copyrighted material.
If you have questions about copyright please email email@example.com.